What is it?
Camo-pen is a new innovative product Chris H (Founder, Designer and Operations manager) & Grzegorz J ( Product engineer and Brand Manager) whos idea was to reinvent the way Airsofter paint their gear!
Why not just use a stencil?
Although using stencils can be a great way to apply both micro and macro patterns to your gear it does take a fair bit of preparation and applying stencils can be particularly awkward. Instead, you can easily achieve look-alike camo-patterns like Pencott Greenzone, Multicam Tropic by simply applying the paint as is. It also tends to give you a lot more control over the paint unlike the traditional spray can method and isn’t particularly more expensive either.
These are the currently available Camo-Pen swatches as of 24/09/2019.
I have personally used the following colours:
- Apply a base coat, this is the best way to get a flat colour down before using the camo-pens to apply a pattern. Applying a base coat using the camo-pens is possible but will take considerably longer.
- Decide on a design and get any templates ready, I have made a few templates which you can download for free at the bottom of this page.
- Give each camo-pen a good shake to properly mix the paint before applying.
- Squeeze out a small amount of paint onto a scrap piece of material, dab the sponge into the paint and apply lightest to darkest colours first, in between layers waiting 5 minutes is recommended to allow the paint to slightly dry.
- Leave for a full hour to dry and harden.
Fixing wear and tear
They’re also currently holding two giveaways where once they reach 500-page likes on Facebook one lucky follower will win! Or otherwise, they’re hosting a similar giveaway on Instagram! once they reach 1000 followers!